Senior Product Owner
Posted on Saturday, November 18, 2023
parcelLab, the leading Post-Purchase Experience platform, is expanding globally. We are searching for top talent worldwide to help us bring people and brands closer together.
We are looking for a Senior Product Owner to join our Product team.
As a Senior Product Owner on our Product team, your responsibilities will include developing a product strategy for the products you are responsible for based on market and customer needs, ensuring that new functionalities are developed according to the product roadmap, and aligning with relevant stakeholders to verify concepts through market research.
You will also manage and prioritize the backlog, coordinate the development and full rollout/productization, as well as work on team-specific internal projects and tasks.
What you can expect
- Take ownership and be a servant leader that drives the product suites forward towards our company vision
- Develop a strategy to support the product roadmap based on market research, customer feedback, and input from other stakeholders
- Lead and influence teams without direct authority, fostering a collaborative and results-driven environment
- Ensure that the engineering team understands the goals of relevant product initiatives and fully supports them
- Collaborate with other stakeholders to guarantee the successful rollout of new features to the market
- Lead Agile/Scrum processes, including sprint planning, daily stand-ups, and sprint reviews, to ensure timely and high-quality product releases that deliver measurable impact
- Stay informed about market trends, industry best practices, and the competitive landscape to identify opportunities for innovation and differentiation, resulting in impactful product differentiation
- Your contributions will directly shape the product and drive its success, making a significant impact on the growth and success of both parcelLab and our customers.
What you need to succeed:
- At least 7 years of experience as a product owner or manager in the software industry, preferably in SAAS, with experience in startup or scale-up environments
- Experience in independently developing product/feature concepts, beginning with comprehensive market research and customer interviews
- Deep understanding of customer needs and a commitment to delivering exceptional value
- Ability to rollout features and products to the market, working with other teams such as Professional Services and Product Marketing
- Good understanding of UI/UX, with the ability to independently develop interface concepts
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills to make data-driven decisions and prioritize effectively
- Proficient in Agile methodologies and experience leading cross-functional teams
- Fluent in both written and spoken English. Knowledge of other languages (German, French, Spanish, etc.) is a plus.
- Experience in retail
Nice to have:
Perks & Benefits:
🧠 Plenty of room for your own ideas...space to try, fail and learn!
🛳 Comprehensive 30-60-90 day onboarding plan in place from the very first day to help you integrate seamlessly with the rest of the company and understand new responsibilities
🏝 As a digital-first company, you choose whether to work entirely from home, in one of our offices or a mix that suits you. Not close to one of our offices No problem! Find yourself a co-working space instead, and we’ll pay
🪴 Make use of our home office set-up budget to get kitted out (a spacious desk, comfy chair, some houseplants, or great tech accessories!), and all this alongside the latest MacBook or PC
🚀 Career development opportunities, including our Leadership Development Program and our Future Leaders Program, as well as online language courses, available budgets for further training and access to LinkedIn Learning
🧘🏽♀️ Stay grounded with our free meditation, mindfulness and coaching sessions via our mental wellbeing platform nilo.health
🎉 Regular company retreats, parcelLab events (in-person and online), local and regional meet-ups, as well as team off-sites
🌏 Be part of a motivated, diverse and international team made up of over 34 different nationalities; and with a five-star rating for company culture and employee experience on Glassdoor, you’ll love working here!
We bring people and brands closer together by closing the experience gap post-sales and beyond, transforming operational complexity into opportunities to outperform for 550+ brands worldwide, including IKEA, Bose, Puma, Lidl, Farfetch and Nespresso.
With offices in Munich, London and Boston, we have been highlighted by the Financial Times as one of the fastest-growing technology companies in Europe in 2021.
It’s all in a day’s work for us:
- Monitor over six million shipments per day
- Now actively managing operations experiences in 153 countries across the globe
- Send around thirteen million pro-active, personalized, event-driven emails
- Shipping data comes from more than 150+ carriers worldwide, including DHL, FedEx & DPD
- Creating over 40 million reasons for people to fall in love with brands each day
For brands, that means more chances to create relationships that last. And for the people that buy from them, it means turning mundane operational moments into moments of joy.
parcelLab is an Equal Opportunities Employer. We live the motto always joy, always team, always equality, which means we celebrate diversity and do not accept any form of discrimination or harassment. We believe that diversity enriches our employee experience and allows each of us to deliver the best work possible.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, disability status or other lived experience.
Come be part of our growth – contribute your ideas and share in our success as we continue to improve the post-sales customer journey for millions of people every day.